Our COVID19 Protocols
We know the last few months have been a trying time for many of you, and we understand that many people are feeling concerned about the future. We want to assure you that we are doing everything we can to continue providing quality care while making necessary decisions. With ongoing developments and recommendations by the CDC and the Department of Public Health, we are constantly monitoring the situation to decide the best course of action moving forward.
At this time, most of our therapists are providing only telehealth services. For those that are scheduling any in office appointment, we are taking multiple precautions in order to provide a safe environment for everyone, including:
- Sanitizing common areas that include frequently touched objects (doorknobs, pens, faucets, etc) multiple times throughout the day
- Avoiding physical contact (hugs and handshakes)
- Maintaining a 6-foot distance when possible
- The use of a face mask by both the clinician and client
We are asking our clients to follow the guidelines below in order to continue prioritizing a healthy and safe environment:
If you have a cough, fever, sore throat, non-allergy related sneezing, runny nose, or any symptoms that are abnormal to you, we ask that you refrain from coming into the office for 14 days.
- You must be fever free for at least 14 days without the aid of a fever reducer before coming into our office.
- Please follow the CDC guidelines regarding personal hygiene
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. We recommend doing this before and after your sessions in the office
- Avoid touching your face as much as possible (much harder than it sounds, so practice!)
- Use a face mask when attending in office sessions
Talk with your therapist about setting up a telehealth appointment!
These sessions can be done on pretty much any smartphone, table or computer and are done via a secure, HIPAA compliant platform. It appears that some insurance providers are making allowances for Telehealth and will be reimbursing their insureds at the same rate they would for an in-office visit. Please check with your insurance provider by calling the number on the back of your card to confirm this for your specific policy. We know not everyone may be comfortable with the shift to telehealth, but it is important to maintain consistent treatment throughout this time. Our clinicians’ schedules may be shifting rapidly, and if you choose not to utilize telehealth and wish to postpone your treatment, your therapist may not be able to fit you in once we return to a normal schedule. Please understand that late cancellations or no shows greatly affect our clinicians’ schedules as well, so we ask that you still give as much notice as possible if you need to cancel.
Remember that we see clients of all ages and health conditions, so we are being extra cautious in order to ensure everyone’s well being. Thank you for your understanding and patience throughout this process. We will be monitoring the situation closely and keep all of our clients updated as things progress.
Thank you, Foundations for Change, LLC